Speaking of Silence......

You said "LIFT UP YOUR EYES THE HARVEST IS HERE THE KINGDOM IS NEAR." You said, "ASK AND I'LL GIVE THE NATIONS TO YOU." thats the cry of my heart...

Thursday, January 10, 2008

HEYYYY!!!

So as you can see I’m really good at updating this thing! I mean my last post was like 5 months ago. So yeah, it’s been a goooood minute since I’ve have let you guys know how I’m doing. Most of you probably already know or don’t care your just reading this because you have just about facebooked yourself to death. And I only know about that because I pretty much facebook myself to death everyday. Yeah…so anyways I will stop wasting your time and get down to business on this thing…

Man when I came back to school after getting home from Ethiopia I was fired up. You know I had that “just got home from a m trip kinda spirit” you all know what I’m talking about. Like you have big ideas and you want to do amazing things for Father and you’re just trying to get them from your head and in to action. I’m sure you have all been there at some point. Well that’s where I was…pumped up and ready for this semester, excited to see what the Father was gonna do in and through me. Excited to see how he was going to stretch me and teach me and mold me and break me and just live through me. So not long after being home I was called up by a church in a neighboring town and they wanted me to come and lead their youth in studying the book once a week. So after meeting with them on a Sunday afternoon and pr-ing about I felt Father calling me to accept their offer. So that’s what I did. Once a week I would be leading a group of about 15 teenagers. I was excited about this and pumped for the opportunity that the Father had given me. So I started that and everything was going really well. In September one of my college groups had a conference thing in Arlington and I was able to go there and see like 15 people that went to Ethiopia with me. Father really worked in me there and just refreshed my spirit and got me just a little more excited about the semester. To be able to come together with the people from Ethiopia was so good…I was able to talk about my summer and joke around and they knew exactly what I was talking about. I didn’t have to explain all the inside jokes and why certain things were weird because they were there and they knew. So it was just really good to get to see them. Do you ever think that God just sits up in Heaven and laughs at us as we living out the things he planned but have no idea what’s ahead? I mean one simple moment or conversation can change and affect so many things down the road. And Father knows that because he is the one who plans it out. So yeah…I was rooming/sharing a bed with a girl named Rene. Now Rene used me a little last semester for half price food at Chili’s and stayed at my lake house once so she could ride jet skies and what not. But after those two encounters with Rene I never really saw her again. Granted I went to Ethiopia so it was kinda hard for us to hang out…I still find it funny that we actually did hang out a couple of times last semester but I really had no idea who she was. So anyways back to this bed sharing thing…the first thing I tell her while getting into the bed is I hate touching people when I sleep and luckily she was the same way. We hung out a little more on the trip. We returned home on a Sunday and on a Wednesday we randomly shared our stories with each other, realizing that we had a lot in common about our past and present and where we wanted Father to lead us. After that day not many days have gone by that I haven’t seen Rene. In a very short time we became very close. This is crazy to me because I normally am not very open with new people. But God had a plan. He wanted us to be friends because for the remainder of the semester things happened and we were so grateful to have each other to lean on. That’s why God makes me laugh, he knew that after rooming together that one night that we would become great friends because we were going to need each other later down the road. As the semester went on from there I have had good days and bad days. I honestly feel like the bad has been out weighing the good lately. I have gotten far from Father. Its easy for me to slip away from Him when I get down. Probably if you saw me you wouldn’t think that anything has been wrong. I put on this mask everyday like everything is okay...like life is loli-pops and rainbows. When really inside I’m screaming out for something…for feeling…for a passion…to be real. Things that use to excite me aren’t as exciting anymore, things that I use to have a desire to do have faded away. And I don’t really have a reason for feeling this way. But its how I have been feeling. I know that the Father is all I need and I am coming back to Him. I have running an “E” this last few months, just barely getting by. But I want to be full again. I want to be overflowing with his spirit. So I write all this not only to update you on where I am but to ask that you be in pr for me as I’m coming back to him. That I don’t lose my passion for Him again, that I can be devoted to getting in the Word daily and being on my face daily before Him. So thanks for reading all this. And please let me know how I can be pr-ing for you. I love yall.

In Him,
Jordy

4 Comments:

  • At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yay! you updated! haha. i'll def. be pring for you and that Father would give you the desire to be in the word and seek His face. Love you Jordy!-Les

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jordy,

    I have given up on you posting and saw this today. I wish I had seen it earlier. What you are experiencing is very normal, you are a very busy girl and you have got to slow down. I have been telling you this but I guess since I am your mother I do not know what I am talking about. Do not be too hard on yourself, Father knows your heart and your heart is good. We all go through valleys and dry spots in our life. Keep listening to the voice of truth and you will be fine. I am sure some of these feelings are because you are not going anywhere this summer, but there may be a reason. Father may have something for you here this summer, just keep pring about it. I love you and will be pring for the Holy Spirit to refresh your mind and spirit so that you can concentrate on what Father has for you to do. Do not let the d get you down - he ain't nobody!!!!

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger My name is Damaris said…

    will you ever update? i read.
    i wanna know what's going on in your life.
    love you.

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger grandma said…

    hi jordy,
    didnt know you had posted just happened to go to your blog. as your mother said all the feelings you are having they come to us all. so we just have to fight the d and put on the whole armour of the father. love you so much and glad the father sent rene as a friend. we all need a good friend.post again sometime soon. love you grandma

     

Post a Comment

<< Home